Monday, September 12, 2011

Last month we went to Canada for my little cousins wedding!
I guess she isn't little, but she still is in my eyes. lol
Tim couldn't come because he had to work.
My dad also stayed, because he was worried about his garden. haha...
So it was just the kids & I, my mom & little sister.
I was stressing because we did our passports a month earlier & everyone got their passports except for me!
I soon received a letter stating that my name was too long for the passport card by 1 letter & to send a shorten version of my name. UGH! Really? They couldn't email or call for 1 LETTER?
Anyway, I sent it back the same day I received the letter. This was 2 weeks before we were supposed to leave. I kept calling & they said they received it & they sent it out... I finally decided I probably wasn't going to get my passport & didn't pack or anything the week of our planned trip.
Well, it ended up coming the day before we were supposed to leave!
Talk about lucky, I was so happy it came because I already had scheduled a whole week off of work.
I thought the kids would be such a pain on the long drive, we didn't have any DVD players either to keep them occupied. I think I took a couple of toys & my mom had her Ipads.
They were surprisingly good the whole way there! I was so proud of them for sitting for the long drive. Even the baby was good. We only stopped for gas & eat.
We took my parents 16 passenger van, so it was nice & roomy the whole time.
My aunt from California flew there for the wedding as well & met us there.
Her & my mom were catering the family dinner for the wedding.
Of course, there was so much food. Plenty for 2nd & 3rds & more then enough to for everyone to take home. My mom & Aunt cooked like it was a Tongan wedding. haha.. A lady even asked if my mom would come back in a couple of weeks to cater their daughters wedding. THAT is how good the cooking was! :)The wedding was very simple & nice. It was a Palangi wedding, so it was even better. LOL
No stress for any of the Tongan stuff.
We stayed at my Uncle Ti's house, so it was nice to catch up with them during the week.
Uncle Ti is my favorite uncle. He spoils me like no other!!
The wedding was very nice & I'm so happy that we made it out there for it.
Congrats to Leinani & Joe!

 My mom & Auntie Olila

My cousin T.J., Tu'a, Ofa, & Keanu

The family w/the newlyweds out of the Temple..


Me, Baby Finau, Auntie Olila & Yana..

The Yummy Food....

Simi (their good friend in Canada), Ofa & Tu'a

Auntie Olila, Uncle Ti, & Mom

Leinani & Joe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Linos