So my grandma is in the US! Haven't seen her for almost 7 years. She's been here since the beginning of May. They came to spend Mothers Day in Utah before heading to California for the month but she ended up in ICU on the day they were supposed to leave. Hence my lack of blog posts, May was just a crazy month! She ended up with a blod clot in her lung & an irregular heartbeat. She spent almost 2 weeks in the hospital & is now at home. She was supposed to spend the month of May in Cali & then come to Utah in June & then end their vacay in Canada with my Uncle. But since she got sick, they will go straight back to Australia at the end of June.
Me & my Nena... Bad quality, taken w/my cell..I promise, I'm not that black! LOL
My grandma & grandpa lived with us quite often while I was growing up, they bounced back & forth between the US, Australia, and Tonga.. So they are big part of my life, they helped raise me. I regret not ever learning to speak Tongan, but I do understand it fluently. My grandma would always tell me that I needed to learn & stop acting Palangi (lol), but I never did. Now that I'm grown with kids, I regret it! I wish my kids would learn to speak Tongan. Anyway, I'll just sit with her & nod my head while she tells me stories.. a lot of them she's told me before, but she doesn't remember. Shes the sweetest old lady. I'm glad that she got to come back to America. I'm also very happy that my kids have gotten to spend time with their great grandma! I'm so happy that she's here & I will definately be cherising these moments!! :)
Nau Leka, My aunt To'a, & My grandma!






Awww! I'm glad she's better! I'm currently trying to teach Keola how to speak Tongan, it ain't easy.lol. I hope she has a safe trip back home when she leaves!:)
ReplyDeleteAwww....love that old lady. I totally remember her always visiting when we were all younger....she looks great, the same as she did way back in the day! Glad she's feeling better now! Send her my love!
ReplyDeleteOh, and don't deny it Siu....you really are that black....bbbbwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaa
LOVE YOU!! :)